Building a sense of solidarity around our cause is critical not only to the sustainability of our organization but also to the impact that our beneficiaries have around the world. Collective action is the cornerstone of global health activism.
Solidarity rides are symbolic events. As such, they are open to riders of all skill levels and experience.
Check out the details and sign up below!
Solidarity Ride 2016: Columbus, OH
Come out and support Ride for World Health during the annual Solidarity Ride here in Columbus, OH! The Solidarity Ride is a 25 mile loop throughout Columbus that is open to the general public. The registration fee is $25 per rider, payable on the day of the ride by credit, cash or check.
The Solidarity Ride will be on Saturday May 7, 2016 and launch from (and eventually return to) Paradise Garage in Short North (921 North High Street Columbus, OH 43201). Day-of registration begins at 7:30 AM and the ride will launch around 8:45 AM. Lineage Brewing in Clintonville will host a pitstop along the half-way point of the ride to give riders the opportunity to socialize and reconvene before heading back to Paradise Garage.
- Date/Time – Saturday, May 7th; Registration begins at 7:30 AM and a mandatory ride overview will be held at 8:30AM
- Location – Paradise Garage (921 N. High St., Columbus, OH 43201)
- Route – 16 miles of easy-paced riding in a loop around the OSU campus
- Cue sheets will be available at the Solidarity Ride (but don’t worry – we’re a “no-drop” ride!)
- Cost – $25, payable as cash or credit during registration at the event; fee includes breakfast and post-ride snacks
- All proceeds support the work of this year’s beneficiaries
- Support provided by Paradise Garage and Lineage Brewing
Can’t make it to the ride but still want to donate?
Donations of any size are welcomed and appreciated! 100% of donations by mail with benefit our beneficiaries. PayPal keeps up to 3% of donations in fees. Either way you choose to donate, we appreciate it!
- Donate ONLINE:
- Donate BY MAIL- Please make check payable to “Ride for World Health.” If you are making a donation in support of a specific rider and/or a specific beneficiary, please write that rider’s full name and/or the organization name on the check’s memo line.
- Check Payable to: “Ride for World Health”
- Mail: Ride for World Health, P.O. Box 8234, Columbus, OH 43201
- AmazonSmile- Sign up here to support Ride for World Health through AmazonSmile. At no cost to you, Amazon will donate a portion of each of your purchases to our ride!
- Did you know your company may participate in corporate matching for your charitable donations? Be sure to ask your company about matching your donations to R4WH.
Help the team (In-kind donations)
Besides monetary donations, you can make a big difference for the Ride for World Health team by helping us with the basic necessities that will get us across the nation. If you’d like to help the team with any of the items below, please email our Logistics Directors at Logistics@r4wh.org.
- Places to Sleep – Our riders sleep in churches, campgrounds, school gymnasiums, etc. If you can put a roof over our heads and provide a warm place for twenty-five riders to sleep, we need your help.
- Food to Eat / Water to Drink – Riding across the nation requires a good supply of food and water. Help us fill our stock of food and keep us fueled from Huntington Beach, CA to Washington DC.
- Support Vehicle Supplies – The R4WH support vehicles are a crucial part of our trip. They keep pace with our riders, provide lodging for us if we need a place to stay, and carry necessary equipment for us throughout the entire ride. Gift cards for gasoline, oil, or even mechanical service for these vehicles will help us get to where we need to go.
- Bicycle Repairs and Maintenance – Many of our riders are well-versed in bicycle mechanics but that doesn’t mean we cannot use any more hands. Flat tires, chain lube, and regular bicycle maintenance is par for the course!